Mainz (dpa) – After a strike, dispute and coach change, Rouven Schröder wants to leave the most turbulent days in the history of the Mainz Bundesliga behind and lead the club out of the crisis.

The 44-year-old sports director closed his resignation on Tuesday, instead he relied on a coach no one in the exhaustive battle against relegation and for internal club rest: Jan-Moritz Lichte is initially only an interim coach, but could be able to do more very soon turn into. .

“The head coach is the club’s main employee and economic efficiency should not play a role here. We have clearly opted in favor of Jan-Moritz,” emphasized Schröder of the newly promoted assistant. The official does not want to know about a cheap solution in Corona times.

After the farce about the no longer considered striker Adam Szalai and the divorce from Achim Beierlorzer, Schröder has also received considerable criticism in recent days. Despite short nights and constant stress, he does not think about leaving. “I am absolutely convinced that I can change it with the whole club. It is important to work for the club,” said Schröder. He was criticized not only for the coach’s wear and tear over the past year, but also for poor communication about the waiver of pay during the Corona crisis.

Apart from the internal squabbles, the 05ers also have zero points at the start of the Bundesliga. The Mainz team will be under pressure next Friday (8.30 p.m. / DAZN) when they play at Union Berlin. “I see the task as a very difficult one. What the club has been through in the past week and a half was not what a club would want to experience,” said Lichte, who was in charge of a preseason game for Sandro Schwarz. would have.

On the other hand, the topic of Szalai will probably not be over with the release of the “disappointed” Beierlorzer. Even in the light of the day, the 32-year-old Hungarian should no longer have any perspective. “This is not my main topic this week. I am not concentrating on the had-if stories now,” said the coach.

The dispute will also concern the Mainz Labor Court on October 8. The authority on Tuesday confirmed the dpa ‘s appointment. Szalai was banned from the first team at Rheinhessen and is now complaining about a return to team training. Szalai had scored in the DFB Cup for the Rheinhessen, but then flew out of the squad for sporting reasons, as the club said, and will now train with the U23.

As Szalai’s attorney, Markus Schütz had announced to “Bild”: “On Sunday, we filed for Mainz to have Adam Szalai rejoin the training team immediately.” The club recommended a move to Szalai. “Adam is not looking for a new club. He wants and stays in Mainz,” his adviser Oliver Fischer announced last week.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *