Mustard is one of the most beneficial vegetables in winter. Just like it tastes good when fried, it also tastes great in pakoras or salads. This vegetable with low calories and high fiber contains a variety of essential vitamins and minerals. If you want to be healthy, find out why you should consume mustard.
- Mustard is one of the sources of vitamin K. This vitamin plays a role in bone and heart health.
- One cup of mustard can meet one third of the daily requirement of vitamin C. As a result, regular intake of this vegetable increases immunity.
- It contains anti-oxidants that reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Mustard helps in removing the contaminants from the body.
- Mustard greens are eaten regularly to improve eye light.
- Mustard leaves are a powerful anti-oxidant that reduces the risk of cancer. In particular, eating this vegetable regularly greatly reduces the risk of colon and lung cancer.
- Potassium, calcium, iron, zinc, phosphorus, riboflavin and copper in mustard leaves help to remain disease free.