The Houthi rebels of Yemen have demanded that ballistic missiles and drones strike “critical targets” in Saudi capital Riyadh. However, the Saudi-led coalition fighting the Houthis has not confirmed the attack in Riyadh. On Thursday, several ballistic missiles and explosive-laden drones were shot down, he said. Qatar-based Al Jazeera reported.
Houthi spokesman Yahia Saria said on Thursday that the bombing occurred in the afternoon in front of a Shia mosque in the northern city of Riyadh.
Howthis claimed in a statement on Twitter that the attack was done in response to incitement by the enemy and the ongoing blockade of our country.
The tweet stated that if Saudi Arabia continued its aggression in Yemen, more attacks would be carried out.
A spokesman for the Saudi-led military alliance said the Houthis had fired missiles and drones at civilian installations in Saudi Arabia. However, he did not provide any details.
Earlier, the Saudi government-run news agency ASPA reported that a Saudi-led coalition had killed two drones sent by the Houthis in Yemen. In a statement, he claimed that two drones were sent to attack the southern drone city of Nazran.
The Saudi alliance said in a statement that the bombing occurred shortly after noon. The Houthis have carried out a series of drone strikes in mainland Saudi Arabia this month.
In late 2014, Shia Hothi rebels took control of the Yemeni capital Sanaa and overthrew the Sunni government. He captured most of the country in a coalition of Arab armies led by neighboring Saudi Arabia, intervening in Yemen’s civil war in late March 2015. Yemen is now on the verge of destruction in the ongoing Saudi invasion.
Earlier this year, a temporary ceasefire was agreed between the two sides due to coronavirus. But since the end of the ceasefire in May, cross-border attacks by Houthi forces in Saudi Arabia have increased. The Houthis claim that they are fighting a corrupt system.