Apparently two animals in Zwickau started an apartment fire. The two cats can turn on the stove. They did not survive the fire.

Two cats playing while romping in their owner’s kitchen likely activated a ceramic hob and started an apartment fire. The 33-year-old cat owner left his apartment in Zwickau on Monday afternoon to run errands and lock the animals in the kitchen, police said. The cats probably accidentally turned on the hob.

A plastic basket and newspapers on the stove caught fire. Due to a lack of oxygen supply, the fire did not spread to the entire apartment – but the fire ended tragically for the two house tigers: they could only be found dead. Material damage of approximately 20,000 euros has occurred in the apartment.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *