Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has expressed confidence in Trump’s second term as president. On Tuesday, he said Trump would form the government in the second round after every “valid” vote counted. By making such remarks, he explicitly rejected the victory of newly elected President Joe Biden.
Trump’s remarks about the formation of a second government sparked widespread backlash. At one point, he softened the tone, moving away from his previous speech.
“I believe our transition will be better,” Pompeo told Fox News. We will make sure that everything is ready for whoever is in office at the White House, at noon on January 20; As if he could keep the Americans safe.
Earlier, at a State Department briefing, Pompeo said the transition to a second Trump administration would be smooth. However, in the face of criticism, he clearly shied away from that statement.
Trump has so far been adamant about not accepting the election results. He said that it would be decided in a legal way. But President-Elect Joe Biden told reporters on Tuesday that threats to Trump’s legal system will not stop there.
In the wake of Trump’s campaign in various states to remain in power, Biden said, “Nothing can stop the transfer of power.” However, preparations are underway to form a new government on January 20. Who will be given responsibility in various ministries; Review has started. It is shameful not to accept the outcome of Trump’s election.
Meanwhile, a poll conducted by Reuters / Isp found that most people in the United States do not believe Trump’s election fraud allegations. About 80 percent of people said that Biden was the next president. More than half of those 80 percent support Trump’s Republican Party.
Biden is busy with his administration’s priority list after taking a possible oath on 20 January. On the other hand, Trump is accusing Biden of spoiling the election without major evidence to reverse the declared victory. Trump Camp has already filed dozens of lawsuits, alleging irregularities in counting and counting.
As a rule, the new president is to be sworn in on January 20. Before this, coordination work has to be done between the outgoing and incoming administration. However, the process of coordination has not yet begun as Trump has not yet accepted the rate. An official from the Biden camp said on Monday that they were considering legal action.