In Celle, Lower Saxony, a 54-year-old was killed on Monday evening and a 59-year-old was seriously injured. A warning to the population has since been lifted by the police.

After two acts of violence in Celle, Lower Saxony, late Monday evening, with one dead and one seriously injured, police arrested two suspects.

There are many indications that the two acts are unrelated, a police spokesman said early Tuesday morning. There are no indications of a terrorist attack. The warning to the population to stay at home was lifted: “We currently no longer assume any threat to the population,” said the spokesman.

Violence in Celle – one death, one wounded

Police first found a 54-year-old seriously injured in his apartment in Harburger Berg on Monday evening, the spokesman said. The man died on the spot. The officers had previously received an emergency call that there had been a robbery with a knife. A 51-year-old who was in the same house was arrested. However, according to his initial statements, there is only a vague suspicion.

On the same night, a 59-year-old was seriously injured with a knife in the Neuenhäusen district, according to police. The man was out of harm’s way after emergency surgery. According to his statement, an 18-year-old cyclist injured him with a knife while passing by. After clues, police arrested a 21-year-old in this case, the police spokesman said. According to the police, both victims and detainees are German.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *